Tag Archives: Crown Inn


A picture of the Crown Inn, Askrigg

Originally named after a racehorse owned by John Pratt who owned stables in Askrigg. The Crown was renamed the Hare & Hounds then the Blacksmiths Arms after a blacksmith’s shop built behind the pub but by 1854 it was renamed the again as the Crown Inn. Their current website can be visited here: The Crown Inn, […]

read more